Info for South Carolina Option 3 Homeschoolers
We continuously add info to keep you up to date in the homeschool community
Attend events, enroll in programs and find the right curriculum.
Discover events happening
virtually and near you!
December 18 (last Monday is Christmas Day)
Each game day will be held from 11:00am-3:00pm at the Paintball Charleston field. (Come a little early to get field ready.)
Located at Paintball Charleston on 239 Cypress Gardens Rd, Moncks Corner, SC 29461
Cost of the day of play is $20. This is payable only on days you participate. (Cash or card, pay Paintball Charleston directly.)
When you arrive, you will need to complete a liability waiver for each player. This must be completed, new, on each day of game play. (These are for Paintball Charleston. They will have them on the counter.)
Each player must bring their own airsoft gun(s) and ammunition. These are not available for purchase or rent at Paintball Charleston.
Each player must also have a mask that covers their mouth and eyes. If you do have your own, you may borrow one from Paintball Charleston.
It is highly recommended that you dress to protect, as airsoft pellets can leave a mark.
Bring a packed lunch. We will break for lunch after the first round.
Bring plenty of water to keep hydrated!
This is NOT a drop off event.
Paintball Charleston requires a legal parent or guardian be present to sign the liability waiver for any student under the age of 18.
This waiver must be signed new at each game play date.
If you need to leave the field after the waiver is signed, it is your responsibility to find another adult who will take responsibility for your child while you are absent.
SNIPER R!FLES NOT ALLOWED
Last season, a student brought a sniper r!f!e that was 700fps (feet per second). Please note: that item may not return to the field. It greatly exceeds the allowed fps rating for recreational play. (US outdoor fields usually have a max of 500fps with a 100’ distance applied.)
Because this is a youth activity and for the safety of others, please make sure that nothing you bring exceeds 400fps.
Safety is our first concern. Please note nothing over 400 fps will be allowed on the field in the fall.
• All students will be expected to follow the Code of Conduct while at the airsoft field.
Code of Conduct
1. We are here to have fun! HOMESCHOOL AIRSOFT participating families (parents and students) agree to act in such a way that their words (including written) and actions promote encouragement of fellow AIRSOFT families. Threatening or intimidating others, name-calling, uncooperative behavior with adults in authority, violating rules, and using obscene or abusive language is not tolerated.
2. HOMESCHOOL AIRSOFT events, upon arrival to departure, should be smoke-free, alcohol-free, and free of any other mood-altering substances. Potentially offensive or harmful items should be left at home, ensuring that each event remains as safe as possible for all participants.
3. HOMESCHOOL AIRSOFT participating families agree to remain respectful and encouraging. If a personal conflict situation arises with another member during a HOMESCHOOL AIRSOFT activity or event, please first speak with the individual member privately. If the situation cannot be resolved individually, please contact the HOMESCHOOL AIRSOFT event Coordinator.
4. HOMESCHOOL AIRSOFT participating families agree to be responsible for their own children’s behavior to ensure that they comply with this standard of conduct for all HOMESCHOOL AIRSOFT events.
Code of Conduct revised 8/2022
It’s $20 per player.
No rentals available.
Not a drop off event.
Bring food, water, and equipment.
11:00am-3:00pm (come a little earlier to do paperwork and prep equipment.)
Engage with other students
There are many benefits to joining a co-op. Co-ops are a great opportunity to socialization with peers or outsource courses you do not feel comfortable teaching on your own. There are many different options for co-ops around South Carolina and they all have something unique to offer. Some are more formal than others. There are co-ops that are set up to follow more of a university model, there are more relaxed co-ops that are run by parent volunteers, there are also social co-ops which just get together to do fun activities together, field trips, and more.
Need some support?
You do not have to homeschool alone. Thanks to social media, there are many ways to connect to other homeschooling families in your area that use the same curriculum, to find park meet ups, events, and more.
Broaden Their Horizon
Joining extracurricular activities as a homeschooler bring so many benefits including: socialization opportunities, opportunity to work together with other students on a team, learn a new sport or start a new hobby. There are so many opportunities for extracurricular activities around South Carolina!
Looking for Curriculums or Resources?
Finding a homeschool curriculum can be overwhelming. There are many different options on the market from online options, book based, secular or religious. We have compiled a list of popular curriculums to help families find the best choice for their family. We also have a spot families can review curriculums they have used so others can see what may or may not work for them.